To crochet a cute collar for a dog, you will need to gather materials such as yarn, a crochet hook, and a button, buckle or velcro for closure. You can choose any color of yarn that you like and select a hook size based on the thickness of the yarn.
To begin, you will need to measure your dog’s neck and choose a pattern that is the appropriate length. You can find many free crochet collar patterns online, or you can use my pattern list below to create a collar or bandana by using basic crochet stitches such as single crochet and double crochet.
When you have finished crocheting the collar, you can sew on the button to adjust the width for your pet. It’s important to make sure the collar fits comfortably on your dog, not too tight or too loose, so they can wear it with ease.
Crocheting a cute collar for your dog is a fun and personal project that can be made in any color or style to suit your dog’s unique personality.
- I use 100% Acrylic yarn in pink, grey, yellow, green.
- Use a 5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Marker (Recommended)
- CH = Chain(s)
- DC = Double crochet
- FPDC = Front Post Double Crochet, Yoh and draw up a loop around the post of the next stitch at the front of work, inserting the hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice.
- HDC = Half double crochet
- MOHDC = Modify Half double crochet
- DCBP = Back Post-Double Crochet, Yoh and draw up a loop around the post of the next stitch at the back of work, inserting the hook from right to left. Yoh and draw through all loops on the hook.
- DTR2tog = Double Treble Cluster in the Same Stitch/Space
- Pat = Pattern
- Rep = Repeat
- RS = Right side
- Sc = Single crochet
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- SLST = Slip Stitch
- Tog = Together
- WS = Wrong side
- Yoh = Yarn over hook
- Collar Size: 15~25cm (6-10″), 25~35cm(10-14″), 35~45cm (14-18″)
- Reference from Yvonnelovescrochet, goldenlucycrafts
- Rnd 1: In pink, CH 52 or reach 35cm (14″) long. (52)
- Rnd 2: CH 2x, DC 52x. (52)
- Rnd 3: In grey, CH 2x, [DC 7x, DC 2x Tog] 6x, DC 4x, or until the end.
- Rnd 4: CH 2x, [DC 7x, DC 2x Tog] 7x, DC 3x, or until the end.
- Rnd 5: CH 2x, [DC 7x, DC 2x Tog] 8x, DC 2x, or until the end.
- Rnd 6: CH 1x, [DC 5x to the 3rd CH from the hook, SLST to the 5th] 18x, SLST 2x or until the end.
- Rnd 7: In pink, SC all the way until the end.
- Rnd 1: In Yellow, Magic Ring. (9)
- Rnd 2: [SC, SC, INC, in BLO] 3x. (12)
- Fasten Off, weave in the end.
- Rnd 1: In Pink, CH 5x, DTR2tog into same ST.
- Rnd 2: DTR2tog 2x, into same ST.
- Rnd 3: DTR2tog, CH 5x, SLST.
- Rnd 4: Rep, make 4 petals.
- Rnd 1: In Green, At the front loop of center, CH 3x, SLST into 2nd ST from the hook, SLST into 3rd ST from the hook.
- Rnd 2: SLST into next front loop, CH 3x, SLST into 2nd ST from the hook, SLST into 3rd ST from the hook.
- Rnd 3: Rep, make 9 clusters.